3.23.2009

Happy Spring!

I feel like every year, around this time, I blog or post something about spring and the renewal of life....this year is no different. Seasons and weather totally affect my mood and personality, and Spring is my favorite season. I feel a deep drive to get going, spring-clean my house, and just jump start the life I put on hold in the winter time. (I should totally be a California girl!) There are always so many changes during this transition in my life.

This weekend was a powerful one for me. I had the privilege of singing on praise team for Illuminate @ Rochester Church this weekend. It's been awhile since I've been to a youth rally, and I've forgotten the power that comes with watching young kids praising the Lord together. I also sang on Sunday morning praise team @ church. Even though I had been sick all weekend and my voice was so weak (I barely had a speaking voice) God allowed something to come out every time I needed to sing! It was tons of fun, especially being able to sing with so many talented people that I admire.

The best part of my weekend was being able to develop new friendships. Over the last few months, Jeremy and I have really been able to get involved at church, and also get connected with some more people our age. I'm so thankful to be able to surround my kids with christian adults, especially when they have kids of their own. We were really missing out on the family life that comes with being connected with people. I pray that we can continue to build close relationships and friendships, to have people to share life with. I love making new friends!

I've also rediscovered the joys of finding new music and singing old favorites. My iTunes list is about to get much bigger....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails