8.11.2009

Mission: Possible

I've been meaning to update my blog about this over a week ago, but life has been busy...

For those of you that don't know the story of my kitchen, here's the recap: In February I had a lovely flood in my kitchen. When the tore out the cupboards to dry everything out, they found that pretty much down the studs, the whole wall of the kitchen was rotted out. When the hubs decided he was going to do the work himself, I remember vividly saying "I just don't want to go without a kitchen for 6 months".....to which he replied "There's no way it would take that long."

We all know that God has a sense of humor....because last week marked 6 months exactly that I hadn't had a running sink or dishwasher in my kitchen! But, alas......MY KITCHEN IS FINALLY FUNCTIONAL!!!!!!!

Not everything is complete. We still need to trim the window and put up the rest of the back splash, but I don't even care because I no longer have to do dishes in my bathroom sink!!! I've actually caught myself several times last week walking toward the bathroom to drain something or take a dish, and then thought, "Oh right, I can be normal now!"

Anyway, here's the update picture of our kitchen:

Still has a little way to go....but it's coming around. The hubs has really done an incredible job, I'm so proud of him!

Now, I'll go load the dish washer before the nostalgia wears off....

1 comment:

Emily said...

Woot!! Congrats on the kitchen being done. I don't know how you survived it. No one will appreciate a dishwasher more than you today. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails