1.25.2010

Gulf Coast Getaway

As promised here, I'm giving you updated of my life over the last few weeks, when I slipped away from blogging. Bullet point #3: Gulf Coast Getaway



Last weekend, I had the privilege of leading worship and event in Panama City, FL for around 2,000 college students. There are really no words to describe the experience I had. But you know me, I use 12 words when probably only 1 will do, so here goes:

First of all, let me start off by saying this was my first time flying since my honeymoon...6 1/2 years ago. This was also my first time away with my hubby since we had kids. So, even though I was there with a job to do - this was a vacation for me. It was cold and rainy while we were there, but it wasn't snowing. I'll take it. We stayed at the Edgewater Beach Resort in a beautiful condo with a master suite, and of course, a King sized bed.



Oh yeah, and this was the view from our room....






Okay, on to the good stuff (yes, it actually got better than this)...

I've been singing for most of my life. Specifically Acappella music. I've worshipped in many places and lead worship at a lot of places, but very few came close to my experience this weekend. It was a fairly large event, which always helps. But these college kids came ready to worship. It was heartfelt, emotional, and captivating. A few times during the weekend, I had to stop singing just to listen. I held back tears almost every time we got up to sing. I felt God's presence in that place, He moved in me. It was so encouraging to hear the kids come up afterward to say how uplifting the worship was and how blessed they were by it, but hands down, being up on the stage was the most powerful point in the whole room, hearing praise to God coming right at you.








And man, was it fun. Hangin' out with some of my best friends, meeting new people, singin', dancin', chillin' with Sean Algaier from Biggest Loser for awhile, late night runs to the Waffle House....it was one of the best weekends ever.















4 comments:

gv said...

Sounds like an AWESOME time! Those Biggest Loser tshirt pics where hilarious. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for the great words of encouragement!

Jenny said...

Wow! What a trip! What a view! What inspiration! What laughter! Thanks for a great post! Although I admit to being just a teensy bit tired out now! I'm glad it was wonderful for you.

Jana said...

Oh how fun!!! I love a good worship rock out moment, I went to women of faith last year and it blew me away! thanks for sharing! those pics in the biggest loser shirts are priceless!

Lucy Marie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I love the pics in the biggest loser tshirt. Glad you were able to enjoy some time away!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails