12.11.2012

Reaching goals

Traffic is going down - let's pick it back up!


Because I have been out of town (leading worship in Iowa and recording a new EP for Sola), I haven't been able to post anything new or give you any updates. Our traffic has gone down this week, so please keep sharing, clicking and donating to raise money for Amy (read more about that HERE)

I made a promise that I would commit to posting more on this blog to help traffic continue to flow this month to raise money for Amy. I figured it was also an opportunity for the much needed face lift to happen to my blog. If you've noticed, the colors have changed, I have been working on a new display (hopefully it will up soon), and I've added and updated new tabs, so you can read more about me, my family, and our story.

At some point, someone had offered to help me design my blog. Obviously, it's nothing professional, but I would like it to be. I will blame widow brain, but I don't remember who it was or when it was because I can't find that comment anywhere. So I thought I'd shamelessly plug in a plea for anyone who designs blogs or knows of someone who does to help a sister out. I have big plans for this place.

Alright, now that that's over with, I would like to say that after just over a week, we have raised over $4,300.00 to help my sweet friend Amy! I've decided to just go ahead and state that I would like to set a goal of raising at least $10,000.00 for Amy. It's totally doable, we're almost half-way there, but I will need your help! Remember, clicking and visiting the blog helps, but if you are able, please consider donating (even if it's just $5.00) safely and securely at the top left hand of this page through Paypal.

Hopefully, while we're clicking away to help someone who needs it, I will reach another goal I set a long time ago: 1,000,000 page views to this blog. Right now, I'm just past 950,000.....can you believe that goal is actually in reach?! I can't. It's unbelievable what God has done. My other goal was to reach 1000 followers. I'm getting pretty close to that too!




Thank you all for your continued support. We are doing great things and making a difference. I can't wait to see what the final numbers are at the end of the month!


7 comments:

Steve Cunningham said...

Just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you! 3 years ago your life was "normal" and expected. 2 years ago at this time you were just trying to keep things together enough so you could survive each day. Now you are using your experiences and helping others who are where you have been! I could not be more proud of the way you have allowed God to use you, your story, your talents, and your heart.... I feel blessed to to call you friend, partner, and wife!!

Anonymous said...

You two are absolutely amazing. I've followed this blog for two years. So impressed with the writings, the heart that's overflowing and the heartache shared. Some days I re-read entries just to be reminded of how one's life can change and become something totally unexpected and to remind myself to appreciate each day and each individual in my life. I've never met either of you....my heart sends love to each of you, your sweet family and blessed extended family.

steph anne said...

You're an amazing person and friend to Amy! I'm sorry she has to go through that. I design blogs if you're interested.... here's the link: http://www.yellowsavvydesign.com

Wanda said...

I've got your blog set as one of my start-up pages on my browser. If everyone did this, you'd get so many hits each day! Not many people think of this though, so perhaps you could suggest it, asking people to do it. You could even give them a reminder in January to remove the page if they no longer want to go to the blog every day... Just a thought. :-)

God bless you and your blog for your kindness to Amy!

Unknown said...

Good job!
Still viewing and sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a great selfless thing you are doing! Keep up the good work!!!

Unknown said...

hey, God Bless you for what you are doing, keep it up you have my support ^.^

[End Message]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails